The ‘Physics of Life’ (PoL) is an EPSRC current Grand Challenge research theme who’s primary goal is to bring together leading expertise to exploit opportunities for collaborative research in this area. The Network will enable the UK community to plan and kick-start research projects that cut across traditional Physics and Biology boundaries, and which are not easily realised through other mechanisms.
To facilitate this, there are several funding opportunities that can be applied for. Funding applications should align with PoLNET2 aims and topics of interest. Specific applications can be made under the following categories:
The call for late 2017/2018 workshops is now OPEN.
• >£4K available for 2 day workshops
• Can be held at any location
• Can be industry linked
This is an all-year open call.
• New to PoLNET2
• >£5K available to support sandpit platform
• Intensive discussion forums to encourage free thinking to delve into the problems on the agenda to uncover innovative solutions.
• Potential 'Pump Priming' awards (£5-£10k) in support of larger grant application resulting from Sandpit